Are you the type who wants to advance in your chosen career? Or, are you the type who lacks self-confidence and just want to stay where you are right now? Whichever type you belong, keep in mind that career education is one of the most important gifts that are given to you. It should be utilized fully and must be treasured for the rest of your life. So if you want to move on and advance in your own career, then go. No one is pulling you back. But, if you think that you are satisfied with what you have and what you are right now, think twice. A career education might be a good option for you to consider.
In today’s highly competitive world, a career education holds a very special place in every man’s life. Many have been considering it knowing that career education can help them advance and succeed in their chosen field. Well, they made a good decision in that sense for the reason that in today’s tough and competitive job market, employers are demanding more skills and knowledge from their employees while providing less on-the-job training. It is for this reason also that career education is now becoming more critical to every man’s future career success than ever.
But what really is career education in the simplest terms?
According to the Australian Ministerial Council on Education, Employment, Training and Youth Affairs (MCEETYA), the term “career education” refers to the development of knowledge, skills and attitudes through a planned program of learning experiences that will help students make informed decisions about their study and work options that will in turn assist them in participating in the working life. It is but a broad concept as if we will look at it in a much deeper sense, career education may encompass the following:
* Knowing and learning about the world of work, including its modifying nature, the demands in the workplace, as well as the expectations of the employers
* Developing a sense of self-awareness in relation to your innate abilities, interests, values and competencies
* Developing awareness and understanding of the career pathways, as well as the occupation information
* Enhancing skills and capabilities in decision making which can be used significantly in picking up career choices
* Acquiring the skills and knowledge that are necessary to the implementation of the career decisions made
So that’s said. Career education is indeed a systematic approach to learning everything about your own skills and abilities, the world of work, career and training pathways, and some decision making strategies that may be of great help to advancing your own life and career. It is deemed very important as any form of education can make you appealing not only to employers, but also to your self. So start building your future now with a career education.