If you are suffering from underbite then you must be looking for the fastest treatment for treating underbites complications. Numerous people across the world suffer from underbite that causes major misalignment of the jaw. But there are treatments available to fix underbite that require a dental visit to the best orthodontist. In this article we have mentioned:
- What exactly is an underbite?
- What are the major causes of Underbites?
- Can underbites be fixed with braces?
- What are the different ways to treat an underbite?
- How long does it take to correct underbite with braces?
We suggest you read this article till the very end for knowing the facts about underbite correction with braces.
What exactly is an underbite?
An underbite is a dental condition where your lower teeth extend forward, overlapping the upper front teeth. The condition of underbite is also known as third-class malocclusion causes misalignment of the jaw. Every person faces different underbite severity symptoms, some face unnoticeable symptoms, some face throbbing severe painful signs. We have found from studies underbite is more than just a cosmetic dental irregularity that may cause some problems to your oral health including:
- The problem in biting and chewing food
- Difficulty in speaking
- Facial pain due to misalignment of the jaw
If you’re suffering from any of these dental problems then you should visit board-certified orthodontists near me, and get the treatment of underbite to avoid any further health complications.
What are the major causes of Underbites?
The major causes of underbite dental problems are as follows:
- Underbite can be caused due to genetic issues which means it has nothing related to external causes, if you have genetic underbite then your dentist must have told you there’s no prevention rather than cure.
- Another cause of an underbite is injury, thumb-sucking, or pacifier use.
Can underbites be fixed with braces?
We have found from the best orthodontist that an underbite correction without surgery
Is possible with the help of braces. Braces help in teeth straightening and jaw alignment which helps in fixing the underbite by tightening braces several times during treatment so that your jaw gradually starts coming in proper alignment with your teeth. Underbite braces can fix your misalignment of the jaw and misalignment of teeth. You should visit the best orthodontist and get a consultation for underbite braces, with the help of an orthodontist you’ll be able to fix underbite irregularity.
What are the different ways to treat an underbite?
Here are some treatments for underbite mentioned below:
- Underbite can be fixed with the help of braces by teeth straightening
- You can also get dental retainers realignment of teeth
- Teeth removal can also help in the prevention of crowded teeth
- Underbite surgery is another method of fixing under biting by reshaping your jaw
How long does it take to correct underbite with braces?
If you’re getting Invisalign treatment for underbite it requires wearing underbite braces for 22 hours daily. For teenagers and children, it takes three to four months for treating underbite whereas underbite can be corrected in 12 months in the cases of adults. If you’ll prefer traditional braces over Invisalign it can take a shorter time in correcting the bite.
We hope you liked this article and it was somewhere a help for you in understanding underbite braces. Smiling is important for everyone. It is important to treat dental irregularities rather than hide them. If you are looking for adult orthodontics Miami then don’t forget to visit our website as we have the best orthodontist that treats several dental irregularities at affordable prices.