Varicose veins are twisted or somewhat swollen that you can notice beneath the skin of your leg. When the valves become weak or damaged, the blood backs up and gathers in your veins. This makes the veins swell, which leads to varicose veins.
A vein doctor can be called a phlebologist, vascular surgeon, or vein specialist. As you can see, the treatment and the doctor depend on your disease and the type of treatment you need.
They all have a respective specialty and training in venous disease. They function in treating veins and arteries, respectively. As you look for a vein doctor, they must be practitioners in any hospital. Before searching for a specialist, ensure for how long they are treating veins and arteries.
Although, a doctor for veins and arteries is called a vascular surgeon.
They are also trained to treat patients with diseases related to blood vessels.
Therefore, If you aren’t sure about your disease, make sure by finding the best surgeon and book an appointment.
If you are suffering from varicose veins and planning to take treatment, you will surely need a highly qualified doctor to proceed with your treatment.
A Phlebologist, Vascular surgeons, and plastic surgeons mainly perform vein treatments.
Treatments to proceed?
Mostly the common treatment options include are:
- Endothermal ablation
In this procedure, heat is used to seal the impacted veins. And make the veins work normally.
This procedure includes the usage of a special foam that closes the veins opening and normalizes the blood flow in the blood vessels.
- Ligation and stripping
Using ligation and stripping, the impacted veins are surgically removed from the leg.
Ligation is the process of tying the veins surgically by injecting the incision into the skin to stop the pooling of blood in the skin.
Remember some top points to find the best doctor:
- Firstly the doctor is board certified and a specialist in varicose veins.
- Search for a doctor with your specific condition and who has experience.
- Try a doctor who answers all your queries, makes you comfortable and explains the procedure.
- Review the doctor before making an appointment.
- In case you need any surgery, find a surgeon or a phlebologist who is well-trained and practises in hospitals.
Symptoms that occur in varicose veins:
- You feel Burning, throbbing, Muscle cramping and some swelling in your legs.
- Feeling heavy or having ache in the legs.
- While sitting or standing, you feel pain.
- Have itching around your vein or veins.
- Discolouration of the vein may occur. You can see the colour change of your veins, and it might be red, purple or blue in colour.
You need to consult a doctor if you find any of the above symptoms in your leg. These symptoms become worse during warm weather. However, just remember that there are different types of surgeons for vascular problems.
Don’t try to delay your medical seeking due to any reason. As soon as you find the symptoms reach the licenced doctor who consults you with the right treatment.