Tooth contouring is also known as dental contouring or tooth reshaping. Teeth Contouring Treatment is the process of reshaping the teeth in which the dentist moves a tiny amount of enamel from the tooth surface. It is usually done for cosmetic reasons. It is mostly done for cosmetic reasons but removing pits and places where plaque and tartar gather sometimes helps with oral hygiene.
It is most often combined with bonding to improve the shape of the teeth Dental Contouring Near Me adds an additional tooth-colored composite. Tooth contouring is ideal for people who are embarrassed by their oddly shaped or crooked teeth. Contouring can be done to reduce overlaps between teeth to provide you with a healthy and straighter smile.
What are the major benefits of tooth contouring?
Teeth Contouring Pearland can provide you with a more attractive and straighter smile. Although contouring and reshaping are conservative approaches to changing the overall appearance of your teeth. It is important to weigh the benefits and disadvantages of tooth contouring to see if they are correct for you. Some of the benefits of tooth contouring are
- There’s no discomfort or pain caused during the procedure and no anesthesia is required.
- Teeth Contouring Near Me is an inexpensive way to improve the look of your teeth.
- Improves oral health. Removing minor imperfections and overlaps where tartar and plaque can build up reduces the risk of gum diseases.
- Possible substitute for braces. In some situations, dental contouring and reshaping can substitute for braces.
What are the major risks of tooth contouring?
Before considering any kind of contouring procedure 77584 Dentist will take an X-ray to get a better understanding of the health of your teeth. If you have unusually thin enamel, then you are not an ideal candidate for this procedure. Although tooth contouring is a successful and popular cosmetic treatment, Like any other dental procedure, teeth contouring has its disadvantages. Some of the major risks involved in the procedure are given below-
- Risk of tooth damage. Teeth can become sensitive after the procedure depending on the amount of enamel layer removed. if too much is removed then you can have tooth damage
- Subtle changes. Tooth contouring and reshaping will only eliminate small imperfections and will not dramatically change the look of your teeth or make them whiter.
- It is not suitable for people having gum disease or people who are highly prone to periodontal disease.
How to keep your teeth healthy after contouring?
There are some tips to keep your teeth healthy after the teeth contouring procedure-
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks
- Brush your teeth gently
- Add extra calcium to your diet plan
- Use non-abrasive toothpaste
- Avoid clenching the jaw or grinding the teeth
- Dont skip regular dental check-ups
- Maintain good oral hygiene
The above information helps us in understanding the importance of tooth contouring in cosmetic dentistry. Tooth contouring needs, the benefits of the contouring procedure, the risks involved in tooth contouring and reshaping, and more. For more information please check out dentistpearlandtx .com